Beetroot & Tequila Gravadlax of King Salmon Served on Pita Croute with Watercress & Dill Mayonnaise
Watercress to garnish
Salmon Gravadlax (cures two sides of salmon)
125gm coarse sea salt
250gm castor sugar
1 beetroot grated
30gm cracked pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Place salmon in sealable container, pour mix over, cover then refrigerate for 4-5 days.
3. Gently wash mix off once cured, then pat dry.
Dill Mayonnaise (makes 150ml average)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp castor sugar
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 egg yolk
150ml vegetable oil
1 Tbsp fresh dill
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Prepare salmon in advance as above, slice when needed.
2. Cut pita into small pieces, to suit your preferences, brush with olive oil.
3. Bake pita until crisp, sprinkle with sea salt, set aside to cool.
4. Prepare mayonnaise by mixing all ingredients together.
5. Place a dab of mayonnaise on pieces of pita, lay sliced salmon then watercress on top, then serve.
Recipe: Aaron McCorkindale, Boat Shed Café, Nelson.
Click Below To Order Our Fresh Salmon: